[ Home ] [ City Council ] [ Search ] [ 05/06 Archive ] [ 07/08 Archive ] [ 09/10 Archive ] [ 2011 Archive ] [ Watch City Council Meetings ]

Stop the Stanford Arrillaga Plans

From: domainremoved <Annette>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 09:22:37 -0800

Dear City Council Members,
I am writing to lodge my protest regarding the Stanford Arrillaga Plans for building along El Camino Real in Menlo Park. I have a number of issues with this plan that I think need to be very seriously addressed before the plan moves forward. The first is that it seems thoroughly irresponsible to allow a development project to be built that will provide NO tax revenue to Menlo Park. Why in the world would we consider that? Why give Stanford a free ride to create a traffic mess of our town and then get all the profits. That is absurd and irresponsible governance. Any project that is developed in Menlo Park should provide tax benefit to the city. Secondly, the traffic along the El Camino Real corridor is already horrible during rush hour. This project will only make this traffic worse. Not just a little worse, but will make movement within and through Menlo Park nearly impossible. The city needs to create a plan for reducing traffic congestion along the El Camino corridor, not hand out freebies to Stanford that
 will make it impossible.
I have lived in Menlo Park for over 15 years. It would be truly unfortunate if this foolhardy plan were to move forward and spoil the wonderful quality of life that we all enjoy as citizens of Menlo Park.

Annette Lewis
Menlo Park resident