Arrillaga project

From: domainremoved <Cherie>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:58:28 -0800

Dear Commissioners,

I implore you to advise the City Council against the implementation of
the Arrillaga project, as it would definitively destroy what residents
have time and time again affirmed what they love most about our city:
it's village character.
The project as proposed--even more so with the latest proposal to add
housing to the huge medical office building--is way out of scale for
our city; it would dwarf all downtown buildings and obscure our
skyline as well as making traffic unbearable on El Camino for most of
the day.

Neither Stanford nor Arrillaga let the public know while the Downtown
Plan was under discussion, that this was their intention. They led the
city to believe they'd were planning on senior housing and a hotel,
not a huge medical office complex.
Clearly, this project requires an extensive EIR which the city should
insist on (unless the project can simply be halted by the Council),
and after finding the obvious sane conclusion--that it is simply not a
match for our town--it should be shelved.
Menlo Park needs to say a resounding NO to this proposed development.

Sincerely,

Cherie Zaslawsky