Stanford/Arillaga Development

From: domainremoved <P>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:11:59 -0800

We moved from Palo Alto to Menlo Park in 1985. Although prices were considerably cheaper back then it was still a financial stretch for us to move into the neighborhood we wanted. But we felt that Palo Alto just had too much of a big city feel, that Menlo Park had the atmosphere we desired and would be a great place to raise our young family. Over the last almost 30 years we’ve seen quite a few changes and the small town feel of Menlo Park gradually eroded away. Much of that change unfortunately has been due to our neighbor Stanford, in their continual push to expand and overcrowd the area in which we live.   We are deeply disappointed in Menlo Park for even considering such a massive project in an already congested area therefore we are opposed to the projected Stanford/Arillaga development. We see absolutely no benefit to a plan that overcrowds our streets and neighborhoods while providing very little in return. We see what was once a great place to settle down and raise a family, a city with a small town atmosphere, a haven in the suburban sprawl of the bay area, being turned into yet just another unidentifiable/forgettable town on the peninsula. Maybe to be remembered by most for sitting in traffic while trying to drive just the short 1 ½ mile distance of the city limits along El Camino Real.   We see radically increased traffic, noise and air pollution We see more traffic signals along El Camino and in the town limits We see more traffic related accidents, injuries and deaths We see property values being affected negatively We see increased costs We see a much less desirable place to live   Paul & Cindy Podesta  1245 Bay Laurel Dr Menlo Park, CA