Problem on Santa Cruz Avenue

From: domainremoved <J>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:01:09 -0800

Dear Members of the City Council:

I want to bring to your attention a problem on Santa Cruz Avenue. The
recently completed street-crossing improvement at San Mateo Drive has
created 2 sorts of problems.

1. Vehicles heading toward downtown experience a significant and sudden
dip as they cross San Mateo Drive. I think this dip is too extreme.

2. For those of us who live near this intersection, the noise made by
vehicles entering the dip, especially the sharp metallic noise that
trucks often make, penetrates our homes much more thoroughly than
ordinary traffic noise and is really unacceptable.

My bedroom is only about 100 ft from this dip.

I am not questioning the intent of the street-crossing improvement.

One principle often cited for good government is: "First do no harm." I
hope the City will correct this problem.

Thank you,
Jym Clendenin
1075 Windsor Dr (corner of Santa Cruz Avenue)
Menlo Park, CA
650-862-1130