Plastic Bags

From: Carol Taggart <cbtaggart_at_domain_name_was_removed>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 13:08:30 -0800

Dear City Council Members,

In consideration of tonight's topic on plastic bags, I have posted the following comments on The Almanac online.

"In deciding whether or not to ban plastic bags, it takes less than 5 minutes of viewing the following slide presentation backed by comments from reliable sources:
http://lee.ifas.ufl.edu/FYN/FYNPubs/TheDangersofPlasticBags.pdf

Does the convenience of using plastic bags outweigh their damage to our environment? Do all of us have a responsibility to protect our wildlife, our oceans, and our land from the careless disposal of plastic bags? Considering the damage to our environment, do we really have a choice?"

Carol Taggart (Valparaiso Ave, Menlo Park)