** T-Mobile Cell Phone Antenna Application

From: Marjorie Zimmerman <mtz_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 17:00:53 -0700

To All Concerned:

        I would like to add my name and my voice to those of the residents of Menlo Park who oppose the pending application by T-Mobile to install a cell phone antenna in Nealon Park. I personally feel that Menlo Park needs to establish a policy that addresses these kinds of requests BEFORE the first one, or, at least, THIS one, is approved.

        I do not want to see the city selling out what is left of our very limited open and recreational spaces to commercial interests. I think that especially for this application there are options available that do not impose on public land. I also believe that this site is too close to high density residential property and represents an unnecessary intrusion on the many people who live nearby.

        I am concerned that if an application such as this one is approved, it will open the door to other similar interests. I don't want to see commercial installations take over the lands that are set aside for the residents, voters, and taxpayers of Menlo Park to enjoy.

        I hope you will give these concerns some serious consideration before this application or any other is granted.

Marjorie Zimmerman
650 Kenwood Drive
Menlo Park

--

"When we open up our hearts and our minds to those who may not think precisely like we do or believe precisely what we believe, that is when we discover at least the possibility of common ground." President Barack H. Obama, May 2009