Beechwood School

From: <Pam.Donaldson_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 16:07:44 -0700

Dear Council Members:

I am an employee at Latham & Watkins in Menlo Park and I have had the pleasure of participating in the Beechwood School Reading Buddies program through the years. When I started working at Latham, I encouraged many of my colleagues to become Reading Buddies and there is now a group of us that go to Beechwood once a week to read with the children. In addition, Latham has held fund raisers for the school to assist in purchasing school supplies and updating its computer lab. It is truly a wonderful school and the children are privileged to have the opportunity to receive so much individual attention in a caring and nurturing environment. Through the years, I have had the opportunity to interact with the children and faculty and have been really impressed with the quality of the teachers and education the children are receiving. When you walk on the campus and look at the children's faces, you can't help but sense that something special is going on there. If you haven't been on the campus, I would highly recommend an outing.

I understand the Council will be voting tonight on whether to allow the City to sell the property to Beechwood School in order for them to achieve their dream of building a permanent facility. On behalf of the "Latham Reading Buddies", we fully endorse the sale of the property to Beechwood School and encourage the further development of the school so that the children in the east Menlo Park area can continue to benefit from the fine education and enrichment being provided there.

Kindest regards,

Pam

Pamela S. Donaldson
Human Resources Manager

LATHAM & WATKINS LLP
140 Scott Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Direct Dial: +1.650.463.2603
Fax: +1.650.463.2600
Email: pam.donaldson_at_lw.com
http://www.lw.com <http://www.lw.com/>

To comply with IRS regulations, we advise you that any discussion of Federal tax issues in this e-mail was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by you, (i) to avoid any penalties imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) to promote, market or recommend to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

For more information please go to http://www.lw.com/docs/irs.pdf

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Latham & Watkins LLP Received on Tue May 10 2011 - 16:08:38 PDT