Re: City Council Meeting

From: Darren Phelan <docphelan_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:42:20 -0700

All-

I hope in this letter to be able to fully express my gratitude for the tiring, difficult and (mostly) thankless jobs that you all do for the City of Menlo Park.

Mr. Cline summed your work up nicely at the Council meeting last night, and it resonated with me from a perspective I had not previously considered.

The staff of our City needs to be tough and a "gauntlet". It is one of the layers of protection for residents that helps to keep Menlo Park such a wonderful place to live.

Throughout my year of dealing with Planning, Building, and Transportation I took this frustrating process personal. Now I realize it is for my own good as a resident and business owner in this great town.

I believe there are still ways that we can make the process of "dealing with the city" a more manageable task and less frustrating for everyone...while still maintaining important checks and balances of the process and keeping up the gauntlet. I am happy to lend some suggestions and assistance to that end, if needed.

Again, thank you all for the jobs that you do.

Regards,

Darren Phelan, MD

Please also pass this letter along to Bill McClure, as well.

Sent from Doctor D