Re: Cure and Correct regarding the 7 December 2010 election of Mayor

From: Peter Carpenter <peterfcarpenter_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 12:42:19 -0800

Dear Mr. McClure,

   I understand that the challenged acts by the City Council will be declared null and void. This is a very appropriate response to my Cure and Correct letter dated Dec. 8, 2010.

  I also understand that the council officer election item will be re-agendized. I do not consider it appropriate to re-agendize this matter, which was first agendized at a regularly scheduled open meeting, as part of a special meeting. Special meeting notice requirements are considerably shorter than those of regularly scheduled meetings and are frequently held at times that preclude full public participation. Such a special meeting would not satisfy the intent of my Cure and Correct letter and I would take further action should such a special meeting be utilized to deal with the council officer election issue.

Peter Carpenter