RE: sidewalk status as of December 8, 2010

From: Steffens, Kent D <KSteffens_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 16:20:50 -0800

Dana, thanks for checking in on the Woodland sidewalk project. Your questions are very specific so I'll respond to each one separately below:

What is the status of Woodland's side walk project?

We are continuing to work on final design of the project as we gather surveys from residents on their support for the project. Last week utility lines were exposed to confirm their elevation so we can finish design of a storm drain line that is needed to avoid drainage problems once the new sidewalk is installed.

Has it been approved?

Yes, but it is still subject to confirmation of neighborhood support via the survey that was recently mailed out.

Has it been funded?

Yes. A total project budget of $220,000 has been approved for the project.

Is it awaiting neighborhood approval?

Support from the neighborhood is an important component to move the project forward. However, we have continued to work on design of the project during the survey process.

Have you received all of the Woodland residents' surveys?

No. We asked residents to return the surveys by December 15. About 25% of the surveys sent out have been returned at this point.

On what day in January will the sidewalk be installed?

Once the detailed design is complete, due to the size of the project, a formal public bidding process is required to select the construction contractor. After bids are received and opened City Council is required to award the contract. It usually takes about a month after contract award for the construction to start. Given the number of variables involved, I do not have a specific start date, but it will not happen by January. If you like I can follow up with staff to get their best estimate at this point.

Thank You
Kent Steffens
Deputy City Manager
City of Menlo Park
From: Dana Shields [mailto:danashields1_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 11:49 AM To: Taylor, Charles W; Craig, Randolph M; Rojas, Glen Cc: _CCIN
Subject: sidewalk status as of December 8, 2010

Dear Chip, Randy, Glen, and Kent,

What is the status of Woodland's side walk project? Has it been approved?
Has it been funded?
Is it awaiting neighborhood approval?
Have you received all of the Woodland residents' surveys? On what day in January will the sidewalk be installed?

Thanks for helping me with this
DAna

Dana Shields & Bob Hubbell
Mobile 650-326-2316
Home 650-326-7999 Received on Wed Dec 08 2010 - 16:20:46 PST