The Park Theatre

From: Johnson, David R <DRJohnson_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:40:30 -0800

Mr. Speigelman,

Thank you for your comments regarding the Park Theatre. All would agree that the building is in a state of deferred maintenance and is unattractive. However, this does not mean that the Council, the Planning Commission, and the property owner are not acutely aware of this situation and anxious to rectify it.

We were in contact with the property owner today and he once again assures us that he is actively working with his development team to determine the actual historic value of the facility and to develop an appropriate plan following that determination. He has been patient in that endeavor so that his proposed project, when the application is filed, will reflect direction of the City's pending El Camino Real/Downtown Specific Plan. The draft plan is due for distribution in a matter of weeks.

Further, the property owner is actively participating in the Specific Plan process and has made public statements to both the City Council and the Planning Commission defining his vision for the property. His purpose is to make certain that his plan for the property is not out-of-step with what emerges from the Specific Plan process following Council adoption.

After the Specific Plan is approved, the property owner told us that he will be submitting plans to develop the site. He encourages you and others in support of his vision for the property to attend any public meetings regarding his proposal and to express your opinions about the project to the Planning Commission and City Council.

The owner of the property is Howard Crittenden and he can be reached at 650-321-7343. He email address is hcrittenden@sbcglobal.net<mailto:hcrittenden@sbcglobal.net>. Mr. Crittenden has given us his permission to include this contact information. For a link to the Specific Plan click on this link: http://www.menlopark.org/projects/comdev_ecrdowntown.htm

On behalf of Mr. Crittenden, City staff, and the City Council, we thank you for your interest in our community.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

David Johnson I Business Development Manager I 701 Laurel Street, Menlo Park, CA 94025 direct l 650.330.6614 I fax 650.327.5391 CITY OF MENLO PARK Find additional information here: www.menlopark.org/doing_business.html Received on Thu Dec 02 2010 - 15:40:32 PST