sidewalk survey? and recent accident on woodland

From: Dana Shields <danashields1_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:32:05 -0800

Dear Chip and City Council,
Woodland residents have not yet received the new sidewalk design survey promised several weeks ago. Please tell us this week on which day will we should receive the survey.

Last week there was a front end collision on the sharp turn on Woodland. It was near the corner of Menalto and Woodland in front of # 1111 Woodland. One car swerved to avoid the on coming vehicle and nearly crashed into the picket fence in front of 1111. Had a child, or mom with a stroller, been walking there they would have been killed.

Please install something ASAP to make this particular curve in the street, which is one of the most dangerous curves on Woodland, safer for everyone. Can the city install Botts Dots down the middle of the street? ASAP? Botts Dots would eliminate the need to repaint the center lines. Drivers would know immediately that they have crossed the center line.

dana

Dana Shields & Bob Hubbell
Mobile 650-326-2316
Home 650-326-7999