FW: In support of a BevMo store at 700 El Camino in Menlo Park

From: Carel Veenhuyzen <cveenhuyzen_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 18:48:47 -0800

Please note my comments sent 3 months ago to the Planning Commission and the City Council.

Carel

From: Carel Veenhuyzen [mailto:cveenhuyzen_at_sbcglobal.net] Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 5:59 PM
To: 'Planning.commission_at_menlopark.org'; 'City.council_at_menlopark.org'; 'dmchow_at_menlopark.org'
Cc: 'sealyj_at_bevmo.com'; Deb Stoner <stoner.deb_at_sbcglobal.net> Subject: In support of a BevMo store at 700 El Camino in Menlo Park

Folks

I have been a resident of Menlo Park since 1986. I purchase alcoholic beverages primarily at Safeway and Trader Joes in Menlo Park, and BevMo in Redwood City. I would welcome the presence of a BevMo store in the strip mall at 700 El Camino in Menlo Park.

. It would be more convenient and I would prefer to spend money
driving sales tax in Menlo Park rather than Redwood City.

. It is appropriate and consistent with existing retailers at that
location, including Big Five sports.

Have Beltramo's and Draeger's have expressed opposition, citing a desire to maintain a certain character to Menlo Park, as they have done so in the past? They shouldn't be afraid of competition-they largely serve a different segment of the market. I have patronized both stores for 25 years, and the presence of BevMo in Menlo Park won't change that in any way.

And the presence of BevMo at 700 El Camino will in no way cheapen the character or charm of Menlo Park. 700 El Camino is not Santa Cruz Avenue. We have plenty of charm on Santa Cruz with such recent additions as Penzies Spices.

Please allow BevMo to move in and begin generating sales tax revenue for Menlo Park.

Thanks,

Carel Veenhuyzen

7 Helen Pl

Menlo Park, CA 94025

650-322-2515 home

650-400-0225 mobile   Received on Tue Nov 09 2010 - 19:02:28 PST