Against BevMo

From: Paul Charrette <Paul.Charrette_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 12:44:29 -0800

To Whom It May Concern,

We are writing to oppose the approval of another big-box store or fast-food/chain restaurant in Menlo Park.

My wife and I recently moved to Menlo Park. We selected MP primarily because of the quality of the schools and the quality of living - a big part of which is not living among urban sprawl.

Surely the members of the City Council can see that MP's real estate values are bolstered by the fact that we have a quaint town. The abundance of trees and the lack of big box stores and fast food restaurants increases the value of our town and in turn the real estate values and the commercial lease rates.

Similarly, our downtown has a homegrown feel that cannot be matched by franchise filled downtowns. We need to preserve the identify of our town and promote local ownership of businesses - not deter by luring businesses that profit by volume alone.

Please consider the long-term effects of your actions and do not further degrade our city by allowing another big-box store to occupy a prominent position within our valuable downtown area.

Respectfully,
Paul and Monika Charrette

1765 Holly Ave
Menlo Park
650-330-1265 Received on Tue Nov 09 2010 - 12:48:29 PST