Speaking out against BevMo

From: Tori Pickett <torimartens_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 09:43:09 -0800

Council Members:

I am a Menlo Park resident and I am writing because I was very disturbed to read in the Almanac article that some people are framing the BevMo application issue as a BevMo versus Beltramo issue. This is wrong! Have you not seen the ladies at the Farmers Market on Sundays and in the community educating the public to the issue? They have generously given their time to inform the public and now the people have spoken in unprecedented numbers. The residents of Menlo Park do not want a BevMo in town! Do not try to discount this exemplary effort by distorting the truth. The residents do not see BevMo providing a necessity or convenience with the number of liquor establishments already serving the town. The detrimental effects a BevMo would have on our town are highly damaging. Do what is right and best for Menlo, deny the permit. You have every legal right to do so and the people expect you not to deviate from the facts at hand.

Thank you.

Victoria & Thomas Pickett

1315 Elder Avenue

Menlo Park, CA 94025 Received on Tue Nov 09 2010 - 09:51:36 PST