BevMo Use Premit

From: Mel Duffey <mbduffey_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:28:57 -0800

Dear Council Members, I am writing to request your approval of the BevMo use permit for the store to be located on El Camino Real.  While I appreciate the concern questioning the company decision to locate a new store with one already in Redwood City, I don't feel it is the purview of the council to oversee the marketing decisions of BevMo company executives.  If they are in error on market demand, they will pay the price for the bad decision.  Additionally, I am stunned that the council would consider withholding  permit due to pressure from a competitive store.  I realize that Beltramo's is a Menlo Park institution but business is business and competition creates value for the customers most of whom are Menlo Park citizens.    Respectfully, Mel Duffey 1100 Hobart Street Menlo Park, CA 94025 (650) 324-3713 (650) 468-5465 Received on Mon Nov 08 2010 - 15:38:15 PST