Postscript to My Comments in Support of Menlo Swim and Sport/Tim Sheeper

From: Lucey Bowen <lucey.bowen_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 13:52:15 -0800

As I read over the proposals from Menlo Swim and Sport and from Solo Aquatics, I thought over the decade and a half that my family had been involved with the water in Menlo Park. In that time it has been my privilege to watch Tim Sheeper grow as a person and business man. As a former professional triathlete, he always had a gift for coaching and inspiring. What I have seen happen is that he has listened to his customers and strived constantly to meet there needs for health and for community, while challenging them to reach for higher goals. He challenged us to turn our competition for yards swum in the normally dismal much of February into a can-drive for local shelters. He challenged the self-involved thirty something triathletes to become community involved through Building Futures Now; even getting the "Super Jocks" to compete in Race Across America to benefit BFN. As part of that effort, the "Over-the-Hill" swimmers group did the logistics.
Tim is not one to talk much about his accomplishments, but watching from "the slow lane" at Masters, participating in Women's Waterpolo, AquaFitness and listening to my children, I see Tim constantly engaged, growing, leading in new directions, and I've great faith that the next 5 or 15 years will see more of his leadership in Menlo Park.
Best Regards,
Lucey Bowen Received on Mon Nov 08 2010 - 13:54:21 PST