I support BevMo! in Menlo Park

From: John Howard <john.howard.24_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 22:28:14 -0800

Hello,

   I am most definitely in support of BevMo! moving to Menlo Park. I very much look forward to shopping at BevMo! as it has great selections, prices, and above all it is within walking distance of my home! I know my neighbors feel the same; we are all outraged that the permit may be denied.

   It would be shame to see the unit go vacant for any longer. To deny the permit would set an unwelcoming precedence which I fear would only discourage additional business development in out community. It appears that our city struggles enough as it its to maintain productive business along El Camino.

   I appreciate the argument that our city would prefer more boutique shops, but none of my neighbors in particular feel the need of any missing boutiques. The ones that we do have are sufficiently expensive that they are only visited as occasional treats or for their convenience, such as any of the women's clothing stores on Santa Cruz or even Ace Hardware.

  We would be more than delighted to have a BevMo! around the corner!

Respectfully,
John Howard
1046 Noel Dr. Received on Sun Nov 07 2010 - 22:29:03 PST