FW: BevMo situation; 2nd email

From: RMM405 <rmm405_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 20:54:56 -0800

Dear Mayor and City Council Members,

Further to my email below, I also came across this article in the Merc:

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_16540586?source=email <http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_16540586?source=email&nclick_check= 1> &nclick_check=1

Assuming even only parts of this are true, it seems like the "anti-BevMo movement" is driven almost solely by a businessperson who thinks he will be hurt by new competition, and not by large-scale sentiment throughout Menlo Park.

The idea of 'packing the meeting' and insisting that employees shill for the owner is repugnant, if true.

I hope the Council won't succumb to such one-sided amateurish tactics, and I reiterate my comments below.

I assure the Council I have no personal stake in this situation, not being a BevMo shareholder, and a customer in their Redwood City store literally only once or twice. I actually think I've spent more money at Beltramo's than at BevMo.

But, as my letter email below indicates, it's not about which store is better --- it's about making more choices available for consumers rather than fewer choices, letting the market decide who will prevail, and especially about developing Menlo Park's reputation as being welcoming to business.

We need businesses to come in, especially on El Camino Real, and we need the tax base. I trust the Council will not make a decision contrary to those interests of all citizens because of one squeaky-wheel businessperson using disingenuous tactics.

Thank you,

Richard Melnicoff

405 El Camino Real #602

Menlo Park, CA 94025