Bev - Mo

From: Shawn Blackburn <shawnblackburn_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 12:08:48 -0800

Honorable City Council Members,

I have owned a business on Santa Cruz Avenue since 1991, Vizions Artwear & Salon. I don't see any justification to the notion that Bev-Mo would not be an asset to the mix of businesses in our town, especially in the location proposed. Menlo Park is plagued with small businesses that start up and go under in a few years because they just can't make it with the high rents and the lack of support from our community. We need more successful bigger stores to attract shoppers that help feed the smaller businesses.

When competing businesses move into the area they are usually met with open arms, even from the people that they are directly in competition with. Why is it that some feel so threatened by something similar to them but in reality they are a totally different concept.

Please help fill these empty space that are a blight to the vitality of our wonderful town.

Yours Truly,
Shawn Blackburn Received on Sun Nov 07 2010 - 12:38:14 PST