No BevMo

From: Wyatt, Mike <Mike.Wyatt_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 12:35:11 -0500

Dear Council Members:

I have been a resident in this area for over 40 years. We need more local merchants that run high quality small businesses. We do NOT need big-box retailers in our charming Menlo Park downtown area. Safeway already has plenty of low-cost beverage options, and is highly competitive.

More big-box retailers will undoubtedly lead to harm for small businesses and harm to residents who want variety of choice.

I can even remember when Ace Hardware got driven out of business, and luckily came back but in much smaller form. I go there all the time, and just imagine if we all had to drive to Orchard Supply or Home Depot to get screws, sandpaper, or light bulbs.

I think adding BevMo in Menlo Park adds no convenience, no necessity, and IS harmful to residents.

Regards,

Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt, Managing Director
Morgan Stanley | Investment Banking Division 2725 Sand Hill Road | Suites 100 & 200 | Floor 02 Menlo Park, CA 94025
Phone: +1 650 234-5757
Fax: +1 650 234-7657
Mike.Wyatt_at_morganstanley.com<mailto:Mike.Wyatt_at_morganstanley.com>

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege. Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley you consent to the foregoing. Received on Sun Nov 07 2010 - 09:47:09 PST