** Burgess pool

From: <c_lmortensen_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 15:58:52 -0700

Dear City Council  members -

I read with interest the emails from SOLO supporters regarding additional access to Burgess pool.  Clearly Menlo Swim & Sport has a much broader, community oriented program, while SOLO has a fine age-group program.  My daughter used to swim with SOLO.  It's not quite correct to imply that SOLO has a 20 year history at Burgess.  The name reflects their regional history: Swimmers Of Ladera Oaks.  I'm not sure why they had to leave Ladera, but no doubt they have had a tough time finding a new home since.  I thought MA could be the answer.  I know the RFP asked the bidder to propose a plan to run the Belle Haven pool as well as Burgess.  Might it be possible to have SOLO run Belle Haven and use it as their main swimming venue?

We support Menlo Swim and Sport continuing the operation of Burgess.  If SOLO can be accommodated without squeezing out the other community programs, that would be great - but it may be impossible to keep everyone happy with out more pool space (i.e., Belle Haven??).

Carl & Lynn Mortensen,
Menlo Park Received on Sat Nov 06 2010 - 16:02:44 PDT