Email in Support of BevMo Use Permit Application

From: Steve Eisner <steve.eisner_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 08:42:45 -0700

Dear Council,

I am a resident in the 600 block of Live Oak, only a few hundred yards from the proposed BevMo on Roble. I am also a long time wine aficionado. I am writing to support BevMo's application for its Use Permit to do business in Menlo Park.

I believe the market that BevMo serves will provide much needed price competition to Draeger's and Beltramo's, to the benefit of Menlo Park residents. That said, Draeger's and Beltramo's will still attract those consumers looking for individual attention and service. Draeger's and Beltramo's will still attract high-end customers and outcompete BevMo when it comes to providing guidance and knowledge to the serious wine/beverage consumer.

It seems to me that Menlo Park is "big enough" for various segments of the wine/beverage market, and that BevMo will fill a convenient niche for many in Menlo Park.

Regards,

Steve Eisner

image001.gif