Please Oppose BevMo

From: Alison Van Dyke <abvandyke_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 20:55:46 -0700

Dear Menlo Park City Council Members,

I wanted to write to let you know that I oppose the opening of a BevMo store in Menlo Park for the main reason that our community does not need another liquor store, with many liquor stores already in business in Menlo Park. There is a BevMo in Redwood City that truly can serve the needs of those who want to purchase liquor.

I would rather see you approve businesses that promote community and families. We need more family friendly restaurants, such as Amici's and Jeffrey's. Please consider businesses where our sports teams can gather for team parties and where families can meet together to have fun.

I also agree with the many other residents who are opposing the opening of a BevMo store based on the Use Permit process for retail wine and spirits stores.

Please reconsider your vote to approve BevMo's Use Permit application and deny the application.

I appreciate your consideration.

Thank you,
Alison Van Dyke
35 Vasilakos Way, Menlo Park        Received on Fri Nov 05 2010 - 21:03:02 PDT