Burgess Pool

From: Kogler, Veronica <Veronica.Kogler_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 13:57:18 -0700

To the Menlo Park Parks & Recreation Commission,

I attended last night's meeting to discuss aquatics at Burgess. Clearly, there was a much bigger presence of those in support of Menlo Swim and Sport. That does not reflect how the supporters of Solo feel. As with other parents of young kids (i.e. Solo parents), it was very difficult for me to attend the meeting as I have three young children. My mother came from San Francisco to watch the children while I was at the meeting & I could only stay until 6:30. Also, I had to have a friend pick up one of my children from soccer practice. (If you have children, you know what I'm talking about!) Basically, what I am trying to say is that you should not interpret the imbalanced representation last night as members of Solo not caring, but realize that it's a lot harder for parents of young kids to attend evening meetings while taking care of their children. As I could not stay past 6:30, I was not able to comment last night.

With that point being made, I want you to know that Solo has a very strong swim program and very competitive swimmers. My two daughters have been members of the Solo Swim Team for about 4 or 5 years and swimming and being members of Solo is a big part of their lives. Regardless of who is awarded the contract to manage the pool, there is a need for improved two-way communication and transparency between the pool management and those who use the pool/facilities. We all want Burgess to be managed as well as it can & that all user groups be accommodated well, too.

Best regards, Veronica Kogler Received on Fri Nov 05 2010 - 14:04:22 PDT