Menlo Swim and Sport at Burgess Pool

From: Mike Pyle <mcpyle_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 13:04:57 -0700

I'm writing in support of Tim Sheeper and Menlo Swim & Sport's bid to continue their work at the Burgess Pool.

I'm a former Stanford Water Polo player who hadn't been in the pool since I graduated 13 years ago. In those years I wasn't been able to find a fun team-oriented atmosphere that was relaxed, yet enabled me to get back into some of the best swimming and overall shape of my life. That changed in March after seeing the programs that Tim has put in place. I was at the pool with my sons, who were also benefiting from Tim's work, and I ran into someone who saw my water polo t-shirt. We got to talking and he raved about the Menlo Masters swim team and the amazing community that it is. It was enough to motivate me to dive in head first at the 5:45am practice the next day. I've been going every Mon/Wed/Fri since then. Between us all, my family probably makes 6 trips to the pool every week and we love it. It's a great way to stay in shape, have fun and be part of a vibrant community in Menlo Park.

As you consider the bids this month, I strongly encourage you to renew the contract with Tim and Menlo Swim & Sport. It would be a great choice for Menlo Park.

Thank you,
Mike Pyle        Received on Fri Nov 05 2010 - 13:06:13 PDT