Aquatics Request for Proposal

From: Jim Edmunds <jim_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:48:10 -0700

Dear Council Members,

I am writing in support of Menlo Swim and Sport's bid to renew their Burgess Park Pools contract.

My 3 year old daughter enrolled in the Swim Class program this summer. After uneven experiences at other schools, she has made enormous progress in the pool thanks to Menlo Swim's dedicated and patient staff. Once reluctant to swim, she now looks forward to Saturday classes and is acquiring confidence and skills every week. The classes are reasonably priced and effectively accomplish the important service of teaching kids to swim safely. If the classes are working great now, why jeopardize them by switching managers?

Beyond delivering great instruction to Menlo Park's young swimmers, Menlo Swim and Sport makes an invaluable contribution to the larger community through its work with Building Futures Now, an organization that expands the educational opportunities of high potential, low income students. Thanks to Tim Sheeper's leadership, dozens of really smart, albeit poor kids from East Palo Alto and East Menlo , have mentors who help them realize their potential. Menlo Swim provides these same kids with free swim lessons, and Tim has raised money for the program through his endurance racing team. We need more businesses like Menlo Sports in our community, and I hope you sustain their great work by renewing the Burgess contract.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Edmunds

Search Fund Partners

885 Oak Grove, st. 102

Menlo Park, CA

94025

p: 650.868.9855

f: 650.323.4264   Received on Fri Nov 05 2010 - 10:48:48 PDT