We love Menlo Swim and Sport!

From: Jennifer Durden <thedurdens_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 08:37:33 -0700

Dear Mayor Rich Cline and City Council Members,

   I want to provide you with some more feedback and support for the Menlo Swim and Sport Organization and their continued management of the Burgess Pool programs.  We have three children ages 10, 8 and 5 and all three of them swim regularly at the Burgess Pool.

   Not only has the swim instruction program been an amazing place for all three of my children to learn to swim, it has truly provided what I think is exceptional teaching and progress for my children.  My two oldest children have been team members of the Maverick's Swim Team for the past two years, after graduating from the instructional program, and love it.  The instruction they received in the swim school has enabled them to excel on the swim team.  The amazing Maverick's coaching staff has provided tremendous support for each swimmer and continued coaching and instruction..  All of the staff is wonderful and my kids love it and spend several hours a week, year round, at the Burgess Pool in these programs.

    What the Menlo Swim and Sport organization has also done is create a community pool environment.  My children are able to go to the pool and be a part of the programs and services along with their classmates and friends.  The Maverick's Swim Team is a true team in every sense of the word, bringing kids together in a healthy, fun environment.

   I cannot imagine our city and the Burgess Pool without Menlo Swim and Sport and I hope that each of you will take into account the community and the programs that they have worked so hard to build and sustain for all of us as you make your decision on the pool contract.

   Thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts.

Regards,
Jennifer Durden
330 Claremont Way
Menlo Park Received on Fri Nov 05 2010 - 08:38:16 PDT