Please approve permit for BevMo! in Menlo Park

From: robell <robell999_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 02:02:39 -0700

Please allow BevMo to open its store in Menlo Park. I hope you join with me in advocating free enterprise. Protectionist measures to protect existing retailers is unfair and not in the best interests of consumers who want the best deal they can get in their purchases.As for "character" of the community:  you allowed Safeway to occupy a large store, which is a great convenience to the community. Is that one contributing to MP's character? Maybe not, but it is a plus for us all.Please do not suppress free enterprise. Let Beltramo's and others compete in the open marketplace. If they can offer customers something (either goods or services) more desirable, they will survive. In any event, let all parties compete on a level playing field. Otherwise I will shop in another community.Please do the right thing!Andrew Robell325 Channing Ave #101Palo Alto Received on Fri Nov 05 2010 - 02:03:27 PDT