Fw: Help us bring BevMo! to Menlo Park - No Way!

From: Holly Chamberlain <goholly_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 18:17:01 -0700

Hello,

Here is a mass mailing email I received from BevMo.  I do not support them opening a store in Menlo Park.  Regardless of what they say, they are a big box retailer, and they will hurt the business of local retailers that have served this community so well, for so long.

Don't be pressured into making a decision based purely on tax revenue; another business will surely be interested in operating out of that spot.

Best regards,
Holly Chamberlain

From: BevMo! <BevMo_Newsletter_at_shop.bevmo.com> Subject: Help us bring BevMo! to Menlo Park To: goholly_at_pacbell.net
Date: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 3:39 PM

	Help us bring BevMo! to Menlo Park

View this email with images.

													Dear Holly,

														Greetings from BevMo! We hope this note finds you well and getting ready for a wonderful Holiday Season. We're off to a great start with a World Series win by the Giants!

														The purpose of this note is to bring you up to date on the status of our proposed Menlo Park store and to (reluctantly) call on your support one more time. As you may be aware, on August 23, 2010, the Planning Commission APPROVED a use permit for BevMo! to open at 700 El Camino Real in the former Chili's restaurant space at 700 El Camino Real (in the same shopping center with Staple's and Big 5 Sporting Goods). Subsequently, an individual appealed the Planning Commission's decision and on November 9, 2010, the City Council will decide whether to uphold or reverse the Planning Commission decision. Opponents, apparently led by local retailers who fear the
 introduction of competition, have engaged in a negative campaign (seems to be the way these days), flooding City Hall with letters and emails from residents accusing BevMo! of just about everything from being a "Big Box" retailer (we're not) to wanting to ruin the charm and character of Menlo Park (we don't).

														Unfortunately, one of the few ways to counter this type of campaign is to demonstrate to the City Council that BevMo! also has SUPPORTERS in Menlo Park! If you would prefer the convenience of shopping at a BevMo! in Menlo Park, please let the City Council hear from you. It would be unfortunate if a vocal minority is successful in stopping the introduction of new business to Menlo Park. We firmly believe you deserve the right to choose where you shop.

														If you would like to attend the City Council meeting and speak in support, it is being held at 7PM in the Council Chambers. Speaker cards will be available for those wishing to speak during the hearing. Thank you in advance for your continued business and your support for our proposed Menlo Park location.  We look forward to seeing you in the neighborhood soon.

														If you want to let the City Council know of your support, please click on the link below, type in what you would like the Council to hear and let the Council know that you are a resident of Menlo Park.

														Click here to send email >

														Sincerely,

														Jeff Sealy

Vice President - Real Estate and Construction BevMo!
(925) 609-6031
sealyj_at_bevmo.com

										This email was sent to BevMo! subscriber: goholly_at_pacbell.net

										If you prefer not to receive promotional emails from us, please click this link. Please do not attempt to reply to this message.
To contact us with your questions and comments, click this link.

										BevMo!, 1470 Enea Circle, Suite 1600, Concord, CA 94520

										Subscribe  |  Email Subscriptions  |  Privacy Policy  |
Unsubscribe