BevMo! in Menlo Park should be allowed

From: Kurt Buecheler <kurtb_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 18:56:59 -0400

In full and disclosure and fairness, I am a resident of Palo Alto. I regretfully watch Palo Alto retail revenue declining over the last 13+ years.

I support BevMo opening a store in at the proposed location in Menlo Park just as I would support it if they were looking at Palo Alto. I believe they are a good vendor and good citizen. I don't see them as being any larger than the Trader Joe's that is in Menlo Park.

I also think the market should be allowed to prosper and that consumers should choose if they like the store based on their decision to shop there or pass by. That is, let BevMo decide if it is a good decision for them and let consumers choose if they want to patronize the store. My vote is for freedom and capitalism.

I will shop at the Menlo Park store if it is allowed to open. That will bring me to Menlo Park more often and spending more money in Menlo Park, which is the goal. BTW, I got an email from Beltromo's asking for support, but I did not join their campaign as I believe that competition is good.

Kind regards,

Kurt Buecheler
Mobile: (650) 862-4848 Received on Thu Nov 04 2010 - 19:45:38 PDT