Support for the BevMo Use Permit

From: Glenn DeSandre <gdesandre_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 16:15:18 -0700

Members of the City Council:

I urge you to uphold the Planning Commission approval of the BevMo use permit for 700 El Camino Real. I have always shopped at Beltramo's and will continue to do so because I believe they offer superior service, selection, and good pricing. However, I would never presume to impose my shopping preferences on other members of my community. The argument that there's already one of "insert business type here" leads to a limited choice for consumers and raises questions about who's to decide what's the optimal business.

I request that you do not override the planning commission and let the market decide on the fate of BevMo.

Sincerely,
Glenn DeSandre
765 Evergreen St
Menlo Park        Received on Thu Nov 04 2010 - 17:45:17 PDT