Burgess and Menlo Masters

From: Spieker, Tod <tspieker_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 14:22:52 -0700

Hello,

My wife and I have lived in Menlo Park for 6 years and have been swimming at Burgess with Menlo Masters for 4 or 5 years. Tim Sheeper and his team run a great Masters program and we will be very disappointed if they no longer get to run Burgess.

My wife and I have three young kids that we are introducing into swimming and we envision them as part of Menlo Swim. Since we have three young kids we are very appreciative of the flexible swim schedule they provide. I used to swim for Rinconada Masters in Palo Alto, but their schedule was not that flexible. At Menlo Masters I am able to attend the 5:45am - 6:45am workout while my wife attends the 7:00 - 8:00am workout. As our kids get older and they transition into school full time I anticipate my wife also utilizing the noon workout as well.

Tim Sheeper and his experience are what make that place run. Without him our above mentioned needs/wants would not be met.

Tim will always land on his feet whether he's running Burgess or running some other pool/program and I can assure you that my loyalty lies with Tim and Menlo Masters and not with Burgess. So, Menlo Park will lose by not keeping Tim and his staff on board....

Thanks,

Tod Spieker
Senior Vice President
Lic #01302128