Menlo Swim + Sport Sets the Standard !

From: eric filseth <efilseth_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 09:48:32 -0700

Folks,

I know the Parks and Recreation Committee is reviewing proposals for the Burgess complex. I wanted to tell you I think Tim and the Menlo Swim and Sport group have done a great job. My kids have been in the Mavericks program and I swim in the Masters and work out with the Team Sheeper group. We've been very happy with these programs: they're well run, and the people are organized and enthusiastic.

But one thing that really stands out about this group is that the Burgess complex is always busy with a huge array of different programs. If you go there at 7AM on a Sunday morning - the place is buzzing with people and activity. Palo Alto's Rinconada Park has good physical facilities too, but their operation, programs and activity are a fraction of as what Tim and his group have put together at Burgess. They just get more use and more community service out of the facilities. It's the people, not the bricks and cement. We live in Palo Alto but we subscribe to Burgess, and there's a reason!

In my opinion, MS+S has proven they can run a first-class community sports operation, something that apparently not everybody can do. They have set the standard, and and I hope very much that things will work out so that they can continue

Sincerely,
Eric Filseth
160 Palo Alto Avenue
Palo Alto        Received on Thu Nov 04 2010 - 09:49:14 PDT