Burgess Pool Contract

From: Laura Legros <lauralegros_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 06:41:39 -0700

Four years ago I walked onto the pool deck at the newly remodeled Burgess pool with the intent of trying my hand, once again, at water polo. I was 38 and had not been involved in the sport since high school but had heard about a masters women's team which was forming. I had no idea that I would find such inspiration and friendship by entering the pool that day.

Four years later I have good friends and role models ranging in ages from 21 - 61. The lessons I learned from players and coaches has been immeasurable and the sense of community that had been created not just by the Burgess Menlo Mavens but amongst other masters water polo teams in the area is a Parks and Rec success story.

My participation in the water polo program also inspired me to join masters swimming and my children have come up through the ranks at the swim school with my oldest on the brink of entering age group swimming.

I believe Tim Sheeper with Menlo Swim and Sport has built not only an outstanding aquatics program but has brought people from Menlo Park and the outlying communities together. We often find ourselves at Burgess not just to swim but watch movies, see friends and find out what is happening in the community. Menlo Swim & Sport has brought something no other community has and I would be appalled if it went away.

I hope you will continue to support what Menlo Swim and Sport is bringing to Menlo Park.

Best regards,

Laura Legros
725 Roble
Menlo Park, CA Received on Thu Nov 04 2010 - 06:43:51 PDT