Input regarding BevMo Use Permit decision

From: Ed Cluss <ecluss_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:55:05 -0700

Dear Menlo Park City Council Members,

My name is Ed Cluss. My wife and our family have resided at 345 Selby Lane, Atherton for the past 12 years.

I am writing you in support of Beltramos with the hope you will decide to NOT grant BevMo a permit to sell liquor in Menlo Park. I have been a loyal customer of Beltramos for many years and am sincerely concerned about the potential harm the addition of BevMo will do to our community.

Over the years, I have observed the Beltramo family to be thoughtful and generous to our community. I know they have continually made charitable donations to our local schools. Presently, I am a trustee at Sacred Heart Schools Atherton and can assure you their legacy of generosity continues.

There is no need for another liquor store in our community. Besides Beltramos, we are adequately served by Draegers and K&L Wines. Beltramos already offers very cost competitive product and excellent customer service.  The addition of BevMo would be a net detriment to our community. Sales will be split between four stores and service will suffer. I would hate to see Beltramos no longer be able to support our community as they have done in the past. BevMo will not pick up the slack. Beltramos, not BevMo, is the community-minded, locally owned retailer that will care the most about us.

Please DO NOT grant a Use Permit for BevMo in operate in Menlo Park.

Thank you,

Ed Cluss
ecluss_at_kauanventures.com
cell: 650-245-8650 Received on Wed Nov 03 2010 - 22:24:10 PDT