Yes on T Campaign- Ads being removed from people's lawns

From: Elidia Contreras <elidia.contreras_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:20:15 -0700

Dear City Council Members,

As a member of the City of Menlo Park, as well as an advocate for the Yes on T Measure, I noticed something very disturbing happening around East Menlo Park. A couple of months ago, our neighborhood was full of beautiful green and blue signs plastered on people's fences and their lawns, and now, the scene is not so effervescent.

In the beginning, when talks were underway about changing the face of Menlo Park businesses, we were all brought to the attention of what the "Yes on T" campaign would mean. Spectacular news and promises of what this can actually do for a small neighborhood, like East Menlo, and for the city as a whole, was enough to bring non-voters out to see the excitement of it all at community meetings I attended in the past several months. New revenue, new businesses, money for schools, what else can we ask for?

This is such a beautiful proposition that out of all my 26 years living in Menlo Park, I have never been so proud to live here. Mr. Bohannon is proposing a huge concept to a city that is use to its quaint environment, and as a young voter it is nice to know that a big organization like his is developing an idea that is "outside the box" and better for everyone regardless of race/culture or social economic income.

Now apart from the great news, the bad news is not so fair and although, immature, I would consider it "business as usual".

The signs that the Bohannon Organization actually spent their money on to give to their supporters are being taking away by people who are opposing the campaign. I believe that the removal of signage is considered illegal and unconstitutional because rightfully it is not theirs. We have our first amendment right to say what we need or want to say, and for someone to remove these signs from someone's property is just plain wrong!

So for anyone driving around the neighborhood, where we are all considered laconic, this goes out to every one of you. I hope I have expressed my frustration with this bully attitude that has been going on for way too long. Remember on Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 to *VOTE YES ON T!!* We have to create a sense of unity to win it if we are going up against the big, bad wolf (whomever you are).

Elidia Contreras Received on Fri Oct 29 2010 - 15:24:18 PDT