Please allow tree removal at 240 University

From: susannah albright <susannah_albright_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:27:53 -0700

Dear Menlo Park City Council,   My family has lived in Menlo Park for 18 years and I am writing to urge you to allow the tree removal at 240 University.   It seems clear after reviewing the facts that there is no reasonable alternative to building a new house on this lot without removing the tree.  From my limited understanding of the Menlo Park tree ordinance I believe that Kim has shown good cause for the removal of this tree and that denying her that right would not demonstrate a reasonable application of law by Menlo Park.  It would certainly greatly diminish the value of the property.   I am also concerned about the media portrayal of Kim LeMieux as a developer only concerned with making a profit.  This view of her is totally contray to what I know to be true.  I have known Kim LeMieux for over 10 years and she has contributed generously her time, talents and resources to many local charities, public schools and Menlo Park causes.   She is a caring individual, committed to making the world around her better, and conducts herself with full integrity.  Whether she is building a new house for herself or another family should have no bearing on the removal of the tree on this property.  Kim is also a nature lover and amazing gardener who has helped me with my own landscaping challenges- I know if there was a reasonable way to save a tree she would do so. Please do not let unfair emotional biases enter into this decision.   Regards,   Susannah Albright Small Business Owner Menlo Park Resident 1020 Louise St Received on Tue Oct 26 2010 - 12:33:24 PDT