No BevMo!

From: Irma Dauskardt <irmadauskardt_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:36:20 -0700

Dear Members of the City Council,

            I have lived in Menlo Park for 10 years, and I am writing to voice my opposition to allowing BevMo to come to Menlo Park.  We already have many stores that address our wine, spirits and sundries needs quite well.  There is no need to add more liquor stores.  A BevMo will bring us nothing desirable.
            Furthermore, in September, I witnessed my friend being robbed in broad daylight right on El Camino Real within walking distance of the old Chili's restaurant.  Prior to that event, I always felt safe in Menlo Park.  I am now, however, heightened in my awareness that you, our City Council, needs to take action to preserve Menlo Park.  You must actively work to maintain the safety, charm, and desirability of Menlo Park by enforcing strictly high standards when considering any Use Permit.  With our abundant supply of liquor stores, adding another serves only to cheapen our village character and the desirability of our town, and quite likely decrease the safety of residents.
            Again, I am very much against another large liquor store in Menlo Park, and I respectfully ask you to decline the BevMo application for business.

            Sincerely,

Irma Dauskardt
University Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025 Received on Tue Oct 26 2010 - 11:36:17 PDT