Allow Heritage Tree Removal for Laurel Homes builder

From: Amy Klein <amy_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:02:23 -0700

I am a homeowner who loves trees. However, in this case you should allow this heritage tree to be removed as was initially recommended by the Planning Commission.

The Council needs to give more weight to economic considerations in this case as well as others. For example, I recently had to pay several thousands dollars to fix a sewer line because of the impact of a heritage tree which can't be removed at the front of my property. I also had to fix at my own expense (several thousand dollars again) a concrete lip at the entry of my drive that was broken due to roots from another heritage tree which can't be touched.

Let's be more realistic about the economic costs of these decisions about removal of heritage trees!

Finally, redwood trees were once part of an natural, expansive wooded landscape before houses were built. They are not the type of tree one would choose to plant now in an urban setting and on a small lot.

Amy Klein, Homeowner
138 Yale Road
Menlo Park, CA           Received on Tue Oct 26 2010 - 10:02:26 PDT