Heritage Tree Removal at 240 University Drive, Menlo Park

From: Jennifer Fisher <radia_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:10:31 -0700

Dear Council Members,

I am writing to protest the proposed removal of an enormous heritage redwood tree at 240 University Drive. This is a beautiful and very healthy redwood tree. According to the Menlo Park Heritage Tree Ordinance, oaks and redwoods have a special protected status in our city. I realize the location of the tree makes it difficult to maximize development of the lot, was this not obvious to the developers when they purchased it? There are ways to build around the tree and preserve it for the benefit of our city. Which is after all, the intent of our heritage tree ordinance.

Sincerely,

Jennifer and David Fisher
385 Hermosa Way
Menlo Park Received on Mon Oct 25 2010 - 21:10:24 PDT