Redwood Tree at 240 University

From: Diane Brandt <dsbrandt_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:28:47 -0700

Council Members:

I am a resident of Menlo Park writing to urge you to uphold the appeal of the removal of the redwood tree at 240 University. The old house on the property is being severely impacted by the tree and the fact that it is in the middle of the lot makes it very challenging, if not impossible, to build a new house. I don't understand why the removal of this tree is even an issue as it clearly overshadows the lot and is a huge burden for the owners, Kim and Tom LeMieux.

My understanding of the heritage tree law is that it is intended to preserve as many trees as possible, but where there is good reason for removal that should be allowed. It would appear that the Environmental Quality Commission totally discounted those good reasons, including the feasibility of building new structures on the property and the economic viability of saving the tree.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Diane Brandt
2230 Tioga Drive Received on Mon Oct 25 2010 - 16:29:05 PDT