240 University Ave., Redwood Tree Removal

From: Cathleen Findley <cdfindley_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:57:23 +0000

I would like to add my voice in support of removing the redwood tree at 240 University Avenue in the Allied Arts area of Menlo Park.

I looked at the property as a potental residence for my daughter and son-in-law and found the redwood tree to be overwhelming, unattractive and dangerous so decided against the property.

As a botanist and horticulturalist I find the tree to be inappropriate for the suburban landscape. It overwhlems the property and the house and the surrounding properties. It is dirty and unkempt and appears to be lifting the foundation and patios. It poses potential hazards for the house underneath it from falling limbs. A tree that size, and potentially larger belongs on a larger property, a park or in the forest, not in downtown Menlo Park.

I wouldn't buy or even rent that property with that tree on it and recommend that it be removed.

Cathleen Duncan
Concerned Resident                                                 Received on Mon Oct 25 2010 - 15:57:20 PDT