RE: City sidewalk masterplan

From: Taylor, Charles W <CWTaylor_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:50:03 -0700

Ms. Crawford,

Thank you for your email.

I wanted to clarify that there is not currently a project to construct sidewalks on Princeton Road. The Sidewalk Master Plan ranked the priority for sidewalk installation for all streets in the City as tool to target any available funding. The Sidewalk Master Plan identified approximately 82 streets in the high ranking section for future sidewalk installation of which Princeton is one of those streets. At present only two streets identified in the Sidewalk Master Plan are moving forward to construction, Woodland Avenue and Santa Cruz. The process to select future streets for sidewalk installation is outlined within the Master Plan and states that as funding becomes available, City staff will perform outreach to property owners along selected segments to solicit their input. Because funding is limited, staff would first seek to construct sidewalk in those areas where adjacent property owners were amenable to the installation, with the intent to revisit sites with more difficult implementation issues at a later time.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Chip Taylor
Engineering Services Manager