** Support for contract renewal - Menlo Swim and Sport

From: David Crankshaw <david.crankshaw_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:15:49 -0700

Hello Menlo Park City Council and Menlo Park Staff -

I am a long time Menlo Park resident (25 years) and am writing this note to support Menlo Swim and Sport's contract renewal.

I am a Master's swimmer (yes, up at 5:45 in the morning for several workouts a week!) and my teenage daughter has worked for MSaS as a lifeguard.

There are many things to like about Sheeper and his organization, but the main one is a principle of *inclusiveness*. This shows itself in many ways:

I just stumbled into Menlo Masters because I'm a middle-aged guy who wanted to get in shape. But the longer I swim with them the more I realize that I've also stumbled into a program that has high ideals and that puts its principles into practice.

It's a program that I boast about to my friends who can't believe that this is all happening at a city pool. It's a program that makes me proud to be a part of Menlo Park!

Thank you for your attention and I hope you will support Menlo Park and Swim's contract renewal.

Regards,

David Crankshaw
210 Gilbert Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025
650-321-6306 Received on Fri Oct 22 2010 - 14:15:50 PDT