RFP for Burgess Pool

From: Virginia Justus <vjustus_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 07:24:48 -0700

I am a swimmer who joined Menlo Masters shortly after they moved into Burgess Pool. I have gotten a lot of enjoyment and personal enrichment out of the team, and know that Tim Sheeper is someone who is passionate about swimming, fitness, and building community.

Being an avid swimmer, I have swam at a lot of pools and participated in other Masters Programs. I have found Burgess Pool to be one of the nicest and well maintained I have swam in. I definitely have found Menlo Masters to be the best Masters programs. At a swimming meet I went to at Rinconada Pool, I had a chance to talk to people from other teams in the locker room. They talked about other teams, but I felt proud to be a part of a team that they described as primarily having a reputation for its kindness. There is a lot of positive energy in the team, and I know that it carries through to the daily lives of its participants. This energy benefits the community in the many ways its members do volunteer and philanthropic efforts, the best example of which is the Building Futures Now (http://www.buildingfuturesnow.org), a program which helps under-served students succeed in school.

I could say a lot about what makes Menlo Masters great, but I also know that Tim cares a great deal about the rest of the swimmers at Burgess Pool. He knows the names and favorite lanes of frequent lap swimmers. My favorite example of the care has for the fitness of all swimmers in the community is the help he offered to a mom of a Building Futures Now student. Her doctor ordered her to get water exercise for her health, and Tim welcomed her to the pool and showed her what equipment to use.

I really hope that Menlo Swim and Sport will be able to continue being able to serve Menlo Park and the rest of the Peninsula by continuing to operate Burgess Pool. Received on Fri Oct 22 2010 - 07:48:09 PDT