In support of Menlo Swim

From: Richard Cottrell <rc2222_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:07:03 -0700

October 21, 2010

Dear City Council, Ms. Brandell:

My family moved to Laurel Street,  Menlo Park in 1947, when I was six years young.  I spent many summers swimming in the old Burgess pool during my pre-teen  years.  I stopped swimming completely after my freshman year at M-A.

In recent years I heard many compliments about Menlo Swim and decided, at age 67, to start lap swimming at Burgess pool, after a 57 year absence.  What fun!!

Six months later I joined Menlo Masters.  With the encouragement of our swim coach, Tim Sheeper, I started competing in Masters Swim Meets.  Talk about excitement.  Wow! I even scored a few ribbons!!

Swimming is wonderful for seniors!!  So is Tim Sheeper and his entire staff!!   I felt a warm welcome when I started and I continue to have the same feeling of being part of something very positive today, more than two years later.

Thank you,

Rich Cottrell
610 Central Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025 Received on Thu Oct 21 2010 - 16:07:07 PDT