** RFP Burgess Pool Operation

From: <rapkje_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 04:04:17 -0400

Dear Members of the Menlo Park City Council:

My name is Richard Peterson. I have been a home owner in Menlo Park since 1983. I have been a user of the swimming facilities in Menlo Park since 1977. I am a masters swimmer and coach, but also do lap swimming on my own at Burgess Pool. I remember the old Burgess Pool well. I feel privileged to be a member of the Menlo Masters team and to be one of the team coaches. I have been gratified to be able to work with Tim Sheeper over the years. He gave me the opportunity to work directly with many of our swimmers, and he has helped me develop as a coach. Tim is a truly exceptional coach and motivator and I emulate his approach to positive coaching. I am proud to be part of the Menlo Swim and Sport family. I believe Tim, and those of us who work for Menlo Swim and Sport have created one of the best all-around aquatic programs for a community of our size, anywhere. I look forward to continuing to help the patrons of Burgess Pool to swim better, with more enjoyment, long into the future.

When I come to Burgess Pool I see activity, children learning to swim, a variety of water exercise classes, day camps, lap swimmers, age group swimmers, masters swimmers, and the womens water polo team and I wonder what Tim will come up with next. He is very creative and has built a remarkably successful program from scratch. I ask you to review the detailed proposal that has been submitted and then I hope you will vote to allow us the opportunity to continue to provide these, and other, wonderful programs to the residents of Menlo Park for another five years. Thank you. Sincerely yours,
Richard Peterson
650-321-6785 (H)
650-714-2977 (C)
RAPKJE_at_aol.com   Received on Wed Oct 20 2010 - 01:04:27 PDT