Burgess Pool

From: Lindsay Holland <ltholland_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:46:11 -0700

Dear City Council Members,

I'm writing in support of the current service providers at Burgess Pool. My husband and I recently lived in Menlo Park for over two years. When we were deciding on a place to live, we chose a duplex near Burgess Pool because of its wonderful community and fantastic services. Both my husband and I are avid recreational swimmers, and we love visiting the pool for lap swimming and to introduce our young son to the water. We always invite my sister and her family down from the city to swim, as well, on warm days, and the pool has become our primary hang-out spot on nice weekends.

I think Tim Sheeper does an excellent job at managing all the various aquatic activities at the pool, and providing a clean, professionally-run facility. The Pro Shop has just about everything you need for a relaxing day at the pool, and innovations like the dome make the pool a year-round destination for our family. I'm looking forward to enrolling my son in swim lessons, when he gets a little older, and I'm interested in the water polo program there as well.

I've visited a lot of public pools, and Burgess Pool ranks among the most beautiful and user-friendly -- certainly, it's the best public pool on the Peninsula, in my opinion. I can't think of a place that keeps the grounds as nice while still providing such a variety of activities, for people of all ages and fitness levels.

I do hope you consider extending the contract of the current provider. It would be a shame to see such a lively community spot become run-down or mismanaged by another, untested provider.

Thank you,
Lindsay Tam Holland Received on Tue Oct 19 2010 - 20:46:16 PDT