Burgess aquatics operations renewal

From: <c_lmortensen_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:27:45 -0700

Dear City Council and Director Brandell -

We wish to offer our endorsement and support to have Tim Sheeper continue to provide the aquatics programs at the Burgess Pool complex.  He's doing a great job and the programs and services have become an exemplar for excellent recreation programs in Menlo Park.   One of us (Carl) has been a long-time (maybe 30+ years???) user of the Burgess Pool, and contributed as a member of the MP Rec Master Plan user's committee (Thanks Nancy!).  We want to see this wonderful new facility, to which we feel we've made a small contribution, continue to offer the variety of activities that have come to be appreciated by the whole community.  Plus - who knows - maybe some new ones?! By the way, the question on the online survey about rent doesn't make clear how the operating fees are handled.  As I understand it, Tim pays no rent but pays all the operating costs.  Although it seems logical that the operator should pay rent, it also seems logical that rent should be offset by operating fees that are paid by the operator, which otherwise would be paid by the City. Thanks for your attention.........and Hi Nancy!

Carl & Lynn Mortensen Received on Tue Oct 19 2010 - 11:27:45 PDT